McDonalds reports Q1’14 results

McDonalds, one of my core holdings, recently reported their Q1 numbers with sales declining 1.7% overall; much of the decline can be blamed on rivals, creating new competitive products with compelling discounts and adverse weather conditions.

Net income was down somewhat from the previous year’s Q1 $1.27B to $1.2B; $1.21 of earnings per share fell short of analysts expectations of $1.24.

Holding up MCD’s performance to my rules I find slight, but continued growth in the bottom line, solid improvements in FCF, a payout ratio that hits the mark for the quarter and shows continued decline on the trailing 12 months basis. 5-year CAGR of 12% coupled with a 3% yield puts total returns at north of 15%. MCD has maintained it’s Dividend Aristocrat standing, barely, so gets a pass until at least this fall.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s